About this Apprentice Employer
Why choose an apprenticeship with Costain?
- A structured development programme, including academic study and experience, leading to a Certificated Apprenticeship
- Support to achieve professional membership of a relevant institution
- Competitive salary with two pay reviews per year
- Work opportunities in a diverse range of market sectors and locations
- You’ll be part of a new and exciting career development programme within one of the UK’s Most Admired Companies.
Due to record investment in infrastructure and leisure alongside an increase in private housing and the commercial sector, the construction skills network predicts 224,000 extra construction jobs will be needed by 2019. It would appear an increase in apprenticeships would be the perfect solution to bridge this gap, however…
New Research has shown careers advice being given to young people about working in construction is out dated and ill-informed, with over 60% of careers advisers in schools offering no information on job prospects based on available work. This is worrying enough, yet the situation worsens when looking at the construction sector in particular; 35% of careers advisers believe construction is an unattractive career.
These statistics show that while there is a high demand for workers in our sector this is not being addressed; the people educating our potential future construction workers need educating themselves!