Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and a mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner.
We are offering a full-time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship Program for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job work experience, with time at college to achieve a level 3 Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
We are committed to the continuing development of every employee, we encourage and strongly support career progression, with opportunities for promotion within our organization and throughout the Johnson Controls business.
How you will do it
This apprenticeship is a highly skilled and technical role that requires you to produce detailed designs and calculations for a wide range of Fire Suppression systems to meet industry and legislative standards.
We design and install Sprinkler and Gaseous extinguishing systems within a wide range of environments including Warehouses, Manufacturing Plants, Retail, Commercial Offices and Schools.
Your responsibilities will include site visits with colleagues to carry out surveys and attending site and co-ordination meetings.
During the apprenticeship you will learn to:
- Produce Fire Protection drawings and
- Hydraulic calculations using Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Use our In-House Design and Calculation program
- Engage with other departments such as Sales, Estimating, Installation and Service and understand how each department is connected within the organisation
What we look for
- 4 GCSE (or equivalent) at Grade C minimum – in Mathematics, English, Science and IT/CDT or equivalent
- Enthusiasm to learn and an interest in problem solving
- Good IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Although no engineering experience is required, candidates must show an interest in engineering and working in the Fire Protection industry