Our Degree Apprenticeship is a great way to kick-start your career, gaining invaluable work experience whilst earning the same qualifications as a university graduate, including sought-after industry qualifications.
During the 3 years, you will have the opportunity to experience different sides of our business -technical and otherwise- and join several teams on a rotation; you will get to work directly with our cutting-edge technology and support our industry-leading experts. By the end of the programme you will have both the knowledge and experience to begin a flourishing career.
Despite the challenges this year brought, we have kept our programme thriving virtually and have committed to giving our apprentices the support they need to start their careers with Cisco.
So, what is it like working for one of the world’s leading technology companies?
- Be at the heart of it all; watching technology happen from the inside
- Design, test, and deploy our technology, understand the engineering behind it and learn to troubleshoot
- Analyse and unpick data and understand how telemetry is informing our business.
- Manage projects that ensure we deliver for our customers, communicating with stakeholders and working towards deadlines
- Work in partnership with international brands to deliver solutions to their business problems
- Meet hundreds of Cisco employees from all over the world; expanding your professional network by building contacts, working with the best and learning from experts
- Give back to local communities through fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness of meaningful causes
- To top it all off, you’ll have a strong support system, including a network of current apprentices, mentors and managers to guide and advise you.
What You’ll Do:
As an apprentice, you will get support and mentorship to understand how your passion and skills best fit within Cisco. Your Apprentice Manager will help you to pursue rotations that play to your strengths and interests and support you in developing the necessary skills to be successful.
You will get to know Cisco; what we do and how we do it. You’ll complete an induction bootcamp; giving you the foundation to build your exciting career with us. The year will include:
- A 3-month induction and business orientation
- Our Fresher’s Fair, connecting you to many apprentice-led societies, a chance to start building friendships within the Apprentice Programme
- Three rotations across our business units that will offer you exposure and entry-level responsibilities
- The creation of a portfolio of work that demonstrates the responsibilities of your current roles and the skills you are developing
You’ll start to specialise, focusing on Technology, Sales, or Business opportunities helping you discover your ideal career with Cisco. The year will include:
- Two rotations across a department where you will take ownership of projects
- A work-based project, including strategy and research, that demonstrates the work you’re doing daily
You’ll define your career path and deliver work and results to the business, in preparation for graduation. The year will include:
- A rotation where you are accountable to a specific role and delivering to agreed key performance indicators
- A major project pulling together everything you have learned and how you’re using it to be successful in your role
- Our Apprentices work mainly from our offices in Bedfont Lakes in Feltham and Didsbury in Manchester; depending on your role, you may also travel offsite to visit our customers and attend events.
- Qualifications matter, but a passion for technology and the desire to learn are even more important.
- You should have or be studying towards achieving at least 2 A Levels (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or a BTEC Level 3 or equivalent.
- You should also have a minimum of 5 GCSE grades A* to C or grade 4-9, including English & Maths, as an indicator of your learning.
- Must be able to legally live and work in UK, without future Cisco visa support or sponsorship (student visas or visas obtained on your own are not applicable for the program)
- Your application should demonstrate who you are and showcase your strengths so that we can bring your abilities to life at Cisco and help you find your ideal career path.
- Open Evenings will be held the last week of January, February and March
- Applications close on 28 February
- Assessment Centres will be held in March / April