Right now we’re looking for several Civil Engineering and Buildings Civil/Structures Apprentice Technicians to join various teams across the UK. From your first day you’ll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their chosen career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills. As part of your apprenticeship, you’ll study towards a Level 6 (Degree) qualification in Civil Engineering with one of our local partner Universities
Across all teams, you’ll support a variety of different work, including:
- Production of engineering drawings and sketches, including 3D or 2D computer drawings
- Production of Building Information Models (BIM) (depending on the specifics of the role)
- Undertaking virtual design reviews
- Preparation of simple engineering calculations
- Contributing to solutions for design challenges
- Taking part in design meetings, site visits, presentations and workshops
- Helping with the administration of projects
More information about the areas you’ll have to choose from can be found below:
Building Civil/Structures Apprentice:
You’ll help a team including engineers and technicians who work with architects to model, draw and assist in designing building structures using a variety of construction materials and designing complex underground drainage and utilities networks that support the building. This is design work that really matters. You will work on a wide variety of buildings, from brand new sports stadia, schools and universities, to offices and industrial premises. You could also get involved in the computer modelling and drawing of external parts of buildings, such as car parks and access roads. You will also have the advantage of Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology, which enables us to design buildings collaboratively using computer models.
Infrastructure Civil Engineering Apprentice:
You’ll help a team including engineers and other professionals to assess, design and supervise civil engineering works. Projects and designs will come in all shapes and sizes, and could involve highways, bridges, and rail schemes. You’ll work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to help us deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients such as Highways England, HS2, Network rail, as well as local authorities and many others. There will be opportunities to work on early stage feasibility studies through to detailed design where you will contribute to developing and analysing 3D design models to deliver successful outcomes for our Clients.
What are we looking for?
If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you. You’ll need to demonstrate the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Three A levels at Grades A*-C including Mathematics and Physical Science or their equivalent or will have completed a Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Civil Engineering Technician.
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- An exciting workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Please indicate in your application form if you have a strong preference for a particular team. However your flexibility is welcomed, so do let us know if you are open to being considered for all opportunities. You must be available to commence employment no later than Autumn 2021 in order to be considered for this role.
All correspondence relating to the selection process will be issued via email. Please ensure you check your emails regularly to receive up-to-date information on your application.