Civil Engineering - Degree Apprenticeship
This is an exceptional opportunity to embark on the first step in your Civil Engineering career. Murphy is looking for outstanding individuals to join their Civil Engineer Degree Apprenticeship programme, developed in partnership with the University of Warwick.
A degree apprenticeship in Civil Engineering offers you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience, working with project teams on major construction projects based in England, whilst studying debt-free for a BEng (Honours) degree with a leading Russell Group University.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will work full-time in a civil engineering role for the Murphy, where you will be a key member of your assigned project team, responsible for the daily control, management and coordination of construction activities to ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the required safety, environmental and quality standards.
Your responsibilities will increase throughout the duration of the apprenticeship programme as your skills and technical knowledge develop, and you will be supported throughout by your assigned workplace mentor, in conjunction with you university apprenticeship tutor, to ensure you gain the right mix of skills and experience to successfully complete your apprenticeship programme.
We have established career paths for engineers to progress through the organisation, moulded to suit your individual preferences and ambitions.
As an Apprentice, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside our project engineers and construction managers to develop construction strategies and sequences
- Producing sketches and drawings to clarify construction sequences
- Undertaking concept design and site inspections of temporary works
- Undertaking scope reviews of civil and structural tenders
- Assisting in providing design and remedial solutions
- Reviewing and preparing risk assessments and method statements
- Establishing and maintaining secondary dimensional control
- Ensuring appropriate as-built surveys are undertaken
- Checking dimensions of major elements and critical interfaces
- Monitoring surveying and setting out of subcontractors, ensuring best practice
- Raising Non-Conformance Reports
- Monitoring subcontractors to ensure compliance with method statements and inspection test plans
- Carrying out quality control checks
- Assisting package and construction manages with quality issues arising on site.
To undertake the BEng Civil & Infrastructure Degree Apprenticeship Programme with the University of Warwick, you must meet the following admissions criteria:
- 3 ‘A’ grades at A level, to include Mathematics and a Physical science. If grades do not include Mathematics, this will be subject to passing a Mathematics Test
- BTEC Extended Diploma with grade DDD and having taken the two Mathematics units, ‘Calculus to solve Engineering problems’ and ‘Further Engineering Mathematics’
- BTEC Diploma grade D*D*, with an A grade in A Level Maths or subject to passing Mathematics Test
- Candidates with non-standard qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will be subject to passing a Mathematics test.
- You must have a full UK Driving license due to the travel involved