We’re looking for Building Services Degree Apprentices to join our teams across the UK. From your first day you will join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You will work alongside and be taught by engineers who designed projects that include the Sandwell Aquatics Centre, Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Old Market Square in Nottingham and W Hotel Prague.
You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Building Services engineering encapsulates systems such as heating, ventilation, lighting, power, water services, life-safety systems and data communications. You will work emerging technologies such as Building Information Modelling (BIM) on a day to day basis. BIM enables us to design and visualise buildings collaboratively using 3D models and information. Projects span a variety of sectors, including education, leisure, sports, health and industry. This could include sports stadia, universities, airports and hospitals.
As part of your apprenticeship, you will study towards a Level 6 degree in Building Services Design Engineering with one of our local partner universities. The academic side of the apprenticeship runs parallel with on the job learning, once completed and passed through the gateway you will receive an industry acknowledged qualification.
What are we looking for?
If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you. We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- A-Level Maths at Grade B or above (or equivalent qualification), plus 2 A-levels (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C or above including a Science, OR a relevant Level 3 qualification/apprenticeship
- Five or more GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths
- Willing to work with numbers
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- Creative and inquisitive approach to problem solving and seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What will we offer in return?
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you will make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- An exciting workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2021 in order to be considered for this role.
All correspondence relating to the selection process will be issued via email. Please ensure you check your emails regularly to receive up-to-date information on your application.