Degree Project Manager Apprenticeship
Learn As You Earn – Life changing careers with Amazon Apprenticeships
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills.
Our Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent.
Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, practical experience and qualifications given to you.
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It’s your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That’s the energy and passion behind Amazon. We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Our overall mission is simple: We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. This is your chance to make history.
About this Apprenticeship:
We are looking for an exceptionally talented, bright and driven person to join our Softlines team. As Project Management apprentice, you will work with teams who are responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a project.
With increasing need for everyone to reduce their environmental impact and with google sustainability shopping searches rapidly increasing, we need to act quickly to make a difference and meet our customers’ needs. The EU Fashion team are looking for an apprentice to think big, dive deep and have bias for action in shaping and delivering our customer focused sustainability agenda. Sustainability is one of the EU Fashion team’s “Big 6” initiatives for 2020 and we are looking for someone who will lead both the delivery of the short/ medium term plans and also work with the sustainability team to define and deliver the longer term strategy. The successful individual will work with a broad set of stakeholders including internal teams such as WW Sustainability, vendor managers and account managers as well as external stakeholders such as selling partners.
You will help with the following –
· Lead work streams to deliver customer focused sustainability improvements across Global Amazon Fashion.
· Communicate effectively across the business managing stakeholders. This role will require stakeholder management across a broad range of teams.
· Work with our selling partners to collaborate on sustainability initiatives and make improvements through the supply chain
· Work with Vendor Management and 3P teams to align on selling partners engagement.
· Work with our WW Sustainability and SR teams to create tools to help our selling partners.
· Manage data capture process.
· Continually look for ways to invent and simplify and automate processes.
· Work with POCs across regions to ensure we create processes that can scale.
· Work with teams outside of Softlines where relevant, to ensure a coherent customer proposition across Amazon.
You will gain unique knowledge, skills and leadership behaviours to manage the social, legal and environmental implications of your project.
While working towards Level 6 Project Manager Degree apprenticeship standard, you will also gain International Project Management Association (IPMA) Level D qualification or equivalent, prior to taking the end point assessment
On successful completion, you will achieve
BA or BSc Honours degree in Project Management. You can then be eligible to become full members of Association for Project Management (APM), the Chartered Body for the Project Profession.
You will build your skills over an 48 month period – starting in September which will help you develop personally and professionally across the time on apprenticeship. You will attend sessions to cover four main areas;
· Classroom based training to cover knowledge,
· On-the-job training ,
· Online learning,
· Mentoring from our human resources experts.
Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organization, prioritization, data analysis and problem solving techniques, teamwork, communication, and presentation skills.
What we are looking for
Due to the nature of this role, we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate a keen interest and passion for sustainable fashion.
· You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines
· You have a can-do attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive
· You are a hard-working, focused individual who thrives as part of a team but can also work independently when required. Furthermore, you must have a strong desire to learn, develop and grow as an individual in both a personal and professional sense.
· You seek and respond well to feedback
· You have attention to detail and have good oral and written communication skills.
· General understanding of fashion e-commerce environment
Candidates should be 18 years or over and have the right to live and work in England. You have a general understanding of sustainable fashion gained via self-study or formal training. You have ability to think creatively and apply analytical and problem solving skills, driving issues to resolution strong willingness to learn.
Amazon and COVID19
Safety is our priority. We are interviewing virtually for this role (and wherever possible).
Read more about how we’re responding to the crisis here: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/company-news/amazons-actions-to-help-employees-communities-and-customers-affected-by-covid-19
Your recruitment process will start with your online application (providing your CV as well as answering questions about the above basic qualifications) and will then take you onto online testing by one of our recruiters.
As a last step, we will invite successful candidates to an assessment center where they will participate in a group exercise, execute a practical exercise and get a chance to present their profile, motivation and skills 1-on-1 during interviews or presentations.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
· 3 A levels or equivalent
· GCSE grade C/4 and above in Maths and English or equivalent
Note: This Apprenticeship assumes the candidate has some knowledge/ experience of project management and is NOT suitable for candidates who already have degree in Project Management or related subjects.
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program.
· Have an additional language (French, German, Italian or Spanish)
· You are able to demonstrate drive and a passion for learning,
· You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
· Experience managing and effectively communicating with multiple stakeholders
· Excellent writing skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Advanced working knowledge of Excel
· Highly organized, ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little guidance and tight deadlines
· Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes and systems