Learn As You Earn – Life changing careers with Amazon Apprenticeships
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation
This apprentice role will support the EU Fashion team with marketing & automation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to roll out the marketing plan for a number of different brands, review the performance, improve processes through automation and provide recommendations. This position offers an exciting opportunity to learn about brands and new products in the Fashion market-segment, which is rapidly evolving.
We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent. Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
After graduating with us, you’ll be qualified to apply for a permanent role within our team. Roles are available throughout the UK, across our operations and corporate offices.
EU Fashion Digital Marketing & Automation Apprenticeship – Level 3
If successful as an applicant you will join us on an 18 month fixed term contract enrolled onto the level 3 Digital Marketer apprenticeship based at our central London office. The apprenticeship combines studying a range of knowledge modules with on the job training.
You will build your skills over an 18 month period – that will include:
- Classroom based training hosted offsite/ via virtual platforms
- Amazon’s on-the-job training program, delivered by our specialist teams,
- Mentoring from our Marketing team.
Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organization, prioritization, data analytics and problem solving techniques, teamwork, communication, and presentation skills.
During the 18 month scheme you will be introduced to the technical skills and knowledge you will need to achieve the apprenticeship including the following modules:
- Principals of Marketing
- Data analytics
- Coding and web page development
During the final stage of the apprenticeship you will work on a business project which brings together all of the skills and knowledge gained during the programme.
As a digital marketing & automation apprentice your responsibilities will include;
- Scheduling onsite campaigns such as Gateway, detail page, storefront and other merchandising campaigns that drive traffic to, and sales of, our brands.
- Owning requests for priority placements across the Amazon site
- Supporting with execution of marketing activity for flagship and seasonal marketing events
- Scheduling monthly deal campaigns
- Monitoring our catalogue to ensure best-in-class product pages
- Reviewing performance of the above-mentioned campaigns and recommending next steps based on data-driven insights
- Building and automating reporting dashboards
- Improving and automating processes for offshore teams
On successful completion will you receive invaluable learning, development and professional experience, you will also gain a level 3 apprenticeship in Digital marketer and will then be qualified to apply for a role within Amazon.
Required skills and qualifications:
For applicants to be eligible for government funding you need to:
- Have you lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded if successful
- You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date,
- You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
- You will have achieved (or be predicted to achieve) 3 A levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above along with 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) including English Language at grade B/5 or above and Mathematics at grade C/4 or above and 3 others at grade C/4 or above.
- Committed to completing the apprenticeship
- Strong interest in and basic understanding of online marketing
- Creative thinker with excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work to tight and pressured deadlines and handle unexpected events calmly
- Customer obsession – always looking for ways to improve the customer’s experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with competing priorities
- Skilled in Excel
- Flexible and willing to learn quickly
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program:
- You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
- You are able to demonstrate drive and passion,
- Additional languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish) useful but not essential
- The desire to relocate to fulfil your career aspirations
- Strong Excel skills