As part of our clinical team, this role is essential to ensuring our patients receive the best standard of care from arrival through departure. The Associate Practitioner is primarily responsible for ensuring the smooth running of working day by welcoming patients into the clinical area and preparing them for their Mammograms.
In addition to this and from time to time, you may be required to complete some administrative tasks within the department, however this role will mostly be patient facing.
What are some of the key responsibilities:
- To undertake practical and theoretical training to complete an NVQ 3 in diagnostic and therapeutic care routine mammography or Foundation degree in Breast Imaging
- Once trained, you will perform routine Mammography examinations in the static unit and on mobile vans
- Welcoming patients in a professional, courteous manner, coordinating their arrival through to departure
- Escorting patients to and from the clinical area as required, explaining the procedure in full and ensuring any questions or concerns are managed professionally
- Completing the patient’s pre-scan data protection/consent form and health and safety questionnaire (where applicable)
- Assessing and monitoring the patient’s condition after procedure, ensuring that any changes are reported to the relevant staff immediately
- Ensuring patient and customer focus is central to the success of the Breast Screening department by delivering an excellent level of patient care throughout
- Accurately entering all relevant patient data into the patient management system
- Managing administrative tasks within the unit from time to time that include:
- Dealing with telephone, direct and face to face enquiries
- Booking clinically validated appointments on the internal system
- Ensuring all payments are invoiced promptly and accurately
What skills and experience will you need to apply?
- Previous healthcare experience is not essential as full training will be given
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi skilled team
- Flexibility in working patterns to fulfil site requirements
- Empathetic and cares about people
- Confident when faced with challenging/emotional situations
- Ability to accept and act on constructive feedback
- Professional at all times
- Reliable and punctual
- Effective communication skills both on the phone and face to face
What can InHealth offer you?
We offer a fantastic benefits package, which is available through a mobile-enabled rewards platform, called InJoy. This is your place to access thousands of offers and discounts on a wide range of products and services relating to: fashion, travel, eating out, technology, leisure and more!
In addition to this, we also offer:
- Private medical insurance
- 27 days annual leave pro rata (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Access to a 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- and more!
Making sure our people are happy at work is one of our main priorities, which means giving them as many opportunities as we can to support their personal and professional growth. We also have an innovative approach to personal and professional development, helping you to be the best version of you and giving you a real career pathway.