Why you should join us…
After 35 years in television, Lorraine continues to go from strength to strength from 9am to 10am every morning, Monday to Friday. The programme offers live, topical and glamorous content. It’s inspiring and upbeat in everything from fashion to celebrity or human interest interviews just like its presenter.
As our team Apprentice, you’ll support our dynamic team and come up with original and compelling ways of telling stories for our audience. You’ll come to us with brimming with ideas for programme content & will learn invaluable skills from researching programme items, identifying news stories and much more.
You will be creative and passionate about television and have a good knowledge of news, current affairs, showbiz and entertainment stories – all the issues that matter to our viewers. You must be able to stay calm whilst working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This would be a great opportunity for anyone with a genuine interest and enthusiasm for working in a live, busy TV environment where no two days are the same.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Criteria
- Good awareness & a structured approach to organisation and problem-solving.
- Team player with a willingness to learn and help out
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and pride in maintaining a high standard throughout
- A keen eye for detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritise responsibilities
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment & embrace change
- An eagerness for learning new skills as you’ll get opportunities to be a part of lots of great new experiences.
- An interest in digital & learning new technology
- Understanding the importance of working collaboratively & independently
- Keen interest to work in a diverse and collaborative environment
- Demonstrates a clear understanding & passion for the apprenticeship role they are applying for as well as ITV
- Clearly understands the qualification proposition & how that would enhance the apprenticeship
- Able to balance the qualification learning aspect of the role whilst working full time
- Scoring at least 8/9 through the multiple choice application questions
- Descriptive and detail orientated answers within the set application questions
Due to the nature of this apprenticeship, it would suit school/college leavers from 16 years of age & there is no upper age limit. You are only eligible to apply if:
- You have lived within the UK/EEA for a minimum of 3 years consecutively
- You have at least a Level 1 qualification in Maths and English (GCSE or equivalent, at grades 4-9/A-D)
- You have not completed a degree.
- You cannot have achieved the qualification already and you must not already be in full time education at the point of enrolment