ENGIE are recruiting for an Apprentice Maintenance Operative to be based in Kingston Upon Thames. The purpose is to support the right individual in becoming a fully trained Property Maintenance Operative and achieve L2 NVQ Diploma in Property Maintenance Operations. This is a full-time (4 days on-site and day release at a local college) role working for a fixed-term of 24 months. On offer is a salary subject to National Minimum Wage and high-quality benefits package.
Working under the supervision of an experienced Maintenance Operative the apprentice will support the delivery of ENGIE’s repairs and maintenance service within Kingston University sites.
- To assist and carry out property maintenance to a high standard as directed by the Site Manager; including:
- Painting and Decorating
- To work in accordance with any training and instructions given and bring to the attention of the employer any shortcomings and defects in the management systems and protective measures
- Ensure accurate/timely completion of any relevant site based documentation
- To attend all relevant training courses including all SHEQ courses arranged by the employer including Tool Box Talks
- Making repairs and restoring damaged parts
- To fulfill all elements of the Apprenticeship Framework and to attend college weekly as required
- Any other reasonable management request
- This role does involve lifting, bending, kneeling, and use of tools and machinery
Owing to the Covid19 outbreak, ENGIE have been making some adjustments to support you through your candidate journey while keeping you as safe as possible.
All interviews will take place online via video chat or over the phone (platform alteration will be made accordingly) and we are making sizeable provisions in order to support those who can work from home. In the instances where it is absolutely necessary to visit the site and for key workers, all social distancing measures will be strictly observed.
Our dedicated recruitment team is committed to making your job application as stress-free as possible during this time of unprecedented instability, so we encourage you to contact us with any queries you have about the future of your career here at ENGIE.
We are looking for someone with:
- A professional attitude and approach to work
- A polite and courteous attitude
- At least Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English or equivalent is desirable
ENGIE Benefits Include:
- Pension (defined contribution)
- 24 days holidays (+8 public holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Employee discount shopping scheme, including discounts on gym memberships, holiday packages and more
- Employee personal & professional development profile
- Personal and career development pathways supported by ENGIE Academy