Risk Apprenticeship Programme
Who we’re looking for
If you’ve just finished school or college, and gained A-levels or BTECs, and you’re not sure that university is for you, then our Risk Apprenticeship Programme provides you with a chance to take the first step in your career and earn while you learn.
Over the course of your first two years you will spend 20% of your time each week training and gaining the skills you need to build your expertise and establish yourself as a specialist within your team overseeing a business-critical function which helps to manage and mitigate risk across the business.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
You will join as an apprentice as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
The Investment Risk managers oversee that the risks taken through Investment Management and lending activities are appropriate and in line with the Group’s risk appetite, and that, where appropriate, actions are taken to mitigate risk. It is a business-critical function.
As part of the Risk Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll be given training to help you perform to the best of your abilities in our Investment Risk team.
What you’ll do:
Some of the tasks and projects you’ll be involved in are:
- Working with Investment Risk managers and analysts to oversee the risk taken by Fund Managers in the portfolios they manage.
- Reviewing risk warnings and breaches in portfolios.
- Provide general administrative support to the Investment Risk managers and analysts, e.g. helping to create comprehensive committee packs for discussion at formal Asset Class Risk and Performance Committees.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Although we usually ask you to have achieved at least 96 UCAS points to be eligible for this role, we appreciate the need to be flexible given the on-going pandemic and disruption to your school/ college life. If you’ve achieved a little under 96 UCAS points in the academic year 20/21, we would still encourage you to apply
- You must be 18 years old by Monday 6th September to apply for the 2021 intake
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- An interest in Risk Management and the role it plays in investment management
- Focussed on continuous improvement, quality and delivery
- Effective written, presentational and verbal skills
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
- A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment
- You’ll be flexible and eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.