Want to start an exciting career in Tech?
It doesn’t matter if you have never studied IT before, we want to hear from risk takers and trailblazers who are ambitious and captivated by technology to join our exciting new traineeship.
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You’ll fit right in.
Join the diverse team at Visa, where we celebrate your individuality. You may have just left school, want to return to work after some time out or perhaps you’d like to retrain and switch your career? Together, let’s transform the way the world pays!
Think you know us?
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments.
Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their everywhere – the place where their personal, professional and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments technology company, we’re proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Our four-year Technology Apprenticeship offers the opportunity to gain a broad range of technical experience and business knowledge while studying. On successful completion of the programme you will be awarded a BSc Hons degree qualification, debt free, whilst getting paid!
Over the course of the program you will undertake five six-month placements in different teams in our Operations and Infrastructure function. You’ll slowly build your technical knowledge and experience over time before selecting one longer placements that allow you to specialise in an area of your choice.
You will get practical experience in areas such application, tools and product support, software development, project management, governance and reporting and technical documentation. While these terms may not mean much to you now, by the end of the program you will be an expert!
Being an apprentice at Visa is not just about work, you’re part of something much bigger. Alongside the day to day demands of your role and studies you’ll get to:
- Join our Employee Resource Groups so you can support causes you care about, and work with like-minded individuals, such as Young Professionals, Women in Tech and Visa Pride
- Access even more training and development opportunities through Visa University’s physical and digital resources
- Build a network through sports teams and company funded professional & social events
Who are we looking for:
We look for people who are bright and eager to learn and who come from all walks of life. We welcome applications from people who have not studied technology before, and you do not need to have just left school either.
- Minimum of 3 years living in the UK or EEA (European Economic Area)
- Be ready to start full-time work from September 2021
- Hold 7 GCSE’s grade 9 – 4 (or equivalent)
- Be studying towards, or hold the equivalent of 96 UCAS points